To participate as a volunteer at "Heart2Heart - Crisis Support in English" are excellent English language, skills, sufficient German language skills, and the motivation to be part of the new pilot project necessary.
- A societal relevant and meaningful task in accompanying people
in acute and chronic crises as well as in difficult life situations.
- Regular case supervision, further training, and social events.
- A working atmosphere characterised by appreciation, personal
responsibility, and support.
- Generous expense allowances and contributions to supra-
regional further training courses.
Further information: Matthias Herren, Head of the Dargebotene Hand Zürich, Tel. 043 244 80 80, [tocco-encoded-addr:MTA5LDk3LDExNiwxMTYsMTA0LDEwNSw5NywxMTUsNDYsMTA0LDEwMSwxMTQsMTE0LDEwMSwxMTAsNjQsNDksNTIsNTEsNDYsOTksMTA0]
The Heart2Heart Team is selected and the registration closed.
A further training for volunteers, working for Heart2Heart, is not planned yet.
If you are interested to work in futur for the Heart2Heart - Crisis Support in English, please write a message at [tocco-encoded-addr:MTA0LDEwMSw5NywxMTQsMTE2LDUwLDEwNCwxMDEsOTcsMTE0LDExNiw2NCw0OSw1Miw1MSw0Niw5OSwxMDQ=].
- Stable personality and psychological capacity.
- Openness to learning and understanding more about fellow
human beings and oneself.
- Interest in dealing with a wide variety of problems, challenges,
and social conditions.
- Motivation to be part of a newly formed English Hotline Team
with approximately 15 volunteers.
- Time availability and flexibility to complete shifts from
6 to 11 pm, 7 days a week (33 services per year) as well as for
quality assurance (2 days of external training.
- Bilingual. Volunteers will need to complete internship services
with experienced German-speaking volunteers from the
- The English language prerequisites will be evaluated
individually, but the following is mandatory:
- a proficient user according to the Cambridge English Scale
with English skills at the C1 (Advanced English) or C2
(Proficiency English) level (or equivalent certificates).
- Or people have acquired a near-native/fluent or a highly
proficient level in spoken English (e.g., living in an English-
speaking country or regularly using the language through
- Age: 30 – 66 years
- Residence in the catchment area of Dargebotene Hand Zürich. -
The teaching evenings and later on the monthly supervisions
will take place at the Zeltweg 27, in Zurich.
The course participants receive an introduction to the essentials of conversational skills, how to deal with specific life issues, and some mental health problems. The course units consist of various theoretical inputs, personal exchange of experiences, and role-plays.
Time requirement: 3 Weekends, 21 course evenings (Tuesday, 5 to 8 pm), internships in the form of accompanied services.